Rules & Regulations for the Bulk Buy Lift Ticket Program
Below are links to the individual pages and also a copy of the Rules & Regulations for the Bulk Buy Program.
Winterset Bulk Ticket Purchase – 2018 / 2019 Season
The bulk buy ticket program is sponsored by the Connecticut Ski Council for their member clubs. As such, each purchaser must be a member of a participating club. Here are a few guidelines for this year’s program.
- Bulk buy purchasers must be fully paid-up members of Winterset Ski Club (by the date you pick up your Bulk Buy Tickets).
- Bulk buy tickets are intended only for Winterset Ski Club members. They cannot be resold to non-club members. Any violation will jeopardize the club’s ability to obtain credit for unused tickets and participation in future programs. Therefore any abuse of this program will result in termination of club membership.
- Ticket prices are negotiated with the Ski areas based on an estimated purchase volume for all Connecticut Ski Council member clubs. If this volume is not met, some tickets may not be offered.
- Ticket orders must be received by the bulk buy coordinator on or before Sept 28, 2018.
- Bulk buy purchases must comprise two (2) separate checks. One is for the full purchase price of the 2018/2019 order less any credit due from last year’s purchase. The 2nd check is to cover the cost of shipping the tickets to the purchaser. If the tickets are picked up in person, this check will be returned.
- If you order more than 75 tickets, please contact us for information on delivery charges.
- Each check must be made out to “Winterset Ski Club”.
- If tickets are not picked up, they will be shipped and insured via USPS.
- Further information can be obtained by contacting the bulk ticket coordinator via e-mail at email@example.com or phone 860-490-0870.
- Please DO NOT send Bulk Buy orders to any address other than the one listed on the bottom of the Bulk Buy Form.
- Do not send membership information or payments to the Bulk ticket coordinator
- If any contact information on your Bulk Buy Order form is incorrect, please modify the Bulk Buy form to provide us with the correct information. This will make it easier to contact you in the event of an issue with the order forms.
- Please also remember to validate your phone number and e-mail address in your online member account when you process your membership renewal.
----------------------------------- Return/Credit Policy ---------------------------
A limited amount of vouchers may be returned at the end of the season for credit towards next year’s purchase. The return amount is set by the ski resort and is generally 10%-20% but there is no guarantee that the resorts will accept returns. Please keep these return limits in mind when ordering.
- You should only purchase tickets that you think you’re going to use.
- Your credit amount(s) is shown on the Bulk Buy Order form included in this package
- Only credit is given for prior year ticket returns- no refund is given. Credit for last year’s unused tickets that were returned in April 2018 can be deducted from this year’s purchase. Contact the bulk buy coordinator if you’re uncertain of the credit amount (if any).
- Credit for last year’s tickets can only be applied towards tickets to the mountain that grants the credit. You cannot return Okemo tickets last year and apply the credit toward Killington tickets this year.
- You cannot use Northern Credits to purchase Southern tickets and vice-versa.
- Credit dollar reductions are based on last season’s prices not this seasons.
- Vouchers must be returned to the Bulk Buy Coordinator in April after the ski season ends for any allowable credit. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
Connecticut Ski Council Bulk Ticket & Awareness Days Policies 2017-2018
The following is the policy of the Connecticut Ski Council regarding the purchase and use of bulk ticket vouchers. The CSC requires that all member-clubs comply with these policies.
Purchase of Vouchers:
Bulk ticket vouchers may be purchased by CT Ski Council member-clubs only, and only after the club has been a member of the CSC for one full year.
Bulk tickets are for the exclusive use of dues-paying members of CSC member-clubs.
CSC annual dues must be paid in full prior to the club placing bulk ticket orders.
Orders will be placed at the October CSC meeting each year. Vouchers are to be picked up at the November CSC meeting by the club’s designee. Under no circumstances will bulk tickets be mailed to a club.
Exchange of Vouchers for Daily Lift Tickets:
Each club member 18 years of age or older must be issued a club membership card, and the current year’s CSC sticker must be affixed to that card. Family membership club cards must list the names of family members on the card and must affix a current and valid CSC sticker for each person listed. Clubs may elect to issue membership cards to individuals under the age of 18 in lieu of listing names on a family card.
EVERY PERSON WHO EXPECTS TO EXCHANGE A BULK TICKET VOUCHER FOR A DAY’S LIFT TICKET AT ANY MOUNTAIN RESORT MUST HAVE EITHER HIS/HER OWN INDIVIDUAL CLUB MEMBERSHIP CARD, OR BE INDIVIDUALLY NAMED ON THE FAMILY’S MEMBERSHIP CARD AND A VALID CSC STICKER AFFIXED FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL WHETHER ON HIS/HER OWN CARD OR ON A FAMILY CARD.
Club membership cards will be shown by individuals to ticket window personnel when a voucher is being redeemed for a daily lift ticket. Mountain resorts have the right to request and/or require identification in addition to club membership cards at their discretion. Resorts also have the right to refuse redemption of voucher if a valid membership card is not presented for each voucher to be exchanged for lift ticket.
Clubs shall not charge their members any additional purchase fee, and shall only sell vouchers to its members at the price quoted by the CSC. We recommend that no tickets shall be mailed to individuals by the clubs, but in the event this occurs, actual postage fees may be charged by the club to the individual on a per-order basis only.
Distribution of vouchers through other avenues such as but not limited to websites, eBay, resort parking lots, guests of rental properties or contest give-aways will result in the banning of the individual from purchasing vouchers in subsequent seasons.
Names of chronic and blatant individual violators will be provided to all CSC member-clubs on an annual basis.
Violation of the CT Ski Council policies will result in possible termination of the individual’s membership in his/her club, and possible expulsion of the club from the CSC.
Return of Unused Vouchers at Close of Season:
All unused vouchers shall be returned to the CSC bulk ticket coordinators at the May CSC meeting – no exceptions.
A dollar percentage of unused vouchers shall be credited to each club that has returned said vouchers. The credit shall be applied to the purchase of the following year’s vouchers.
The percentage will vary according to the contract with the individual participating resort. Credit is based on an aggregate figure allotted to the CSC.
Refer to Okemo Bulk Ticket Policy for specific return instructions.
Please note: Policies apply to both Southern and Northern tiers. There may be modifications in Northern tier policies; please contact those coordinators for details.
Please note: All membership card information also applies to all CSC Awareness days.