For people who love to ski - or always thought they'd like to try...Winterset Ski Club
We are a volunteer and member driven Club – organized to promote skiing (downhill and cross country) and
snowboarding. Through our buying power and through our organized trips, social events and other activities,
we make skiing and learning to ski affordable for individuals and families.
We promote safety, learning and skills improvement at all levels of ability and for all ages from toddlers
to senior citizens.
- We are a member Club of theConnecticut Ski Council (CSC).
- Our CSC Bulk Buy ticket program gives members the opportunity to pre-purchase tickets in
September for their favorite mountains at a significantly reduced price.
- Monday Night Racing is a great program for adults of all skiing ability – held at Mt. Southington.
- We also enjoy discounts at local ski shops.
- Day Bus Trips – 4 to 6 Saturday or Sunday day trips per season, typically leaving Exit 14
in Southbury at about 5:30am & returning at about 8pm.
- CSC Discount Days – dozens of days throughout the ski season where our membership
entitles us to significant discounts on mountains all over the Northeast.
- Weekend trips – weekend trips to Vermont or New Hampshire for 2 full days of skiing.
We find reasonable accommodations & usually package meals into the price.
- Week Long Trips – 1 week long trips
- Already planned for this season:
- February - Sugarloaf in Maine
- February/March - Val di Fassa in Italy
- Other Activities - Monday Night Racing, Senior Racing, Year-round Social Events
- Fall Picnic – the official start to our season – You are invited to come to learn more about
the club and to meet other club members and get info about our upcoming ski trips and special events.
- OpenHouse/Raffle Night – Our biggest social function of the year. Win lift tickets and other prizes
from mountains all over the Northeast.
- Pot Luck Dinner– An informal food and refreshments filled evening in March where we can
regale each other with our ski stories.
- Pizza & Awards Night – End of season celebration with awards given from Monday Night
Racing & the On-Snow Carnival
- Social Events – Which can include: Ice Cream Social, Beer Tasting, Wine Tasting, Ski Tune Night